Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trimäpee - Damaged Disposition

As part of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, The Milk Shop Gang (Trimäpee http://www.trimapee.com/) showed their upcoming Spring/Summer collection to a sell out crowd of fashionistas who hailed from all parts of Australia and the world. Masses of people dressed in black looked on as models paraded down the runway in thinly draped, flowing garments. Lengthy light cottons, some in bold and bright colours, others in typical Melburnian black, seemed to convey a strong trend for this Spring/Summer.
Orange, a recurring colour throughout many of the shows during Spring Fashion Week, could well be a popular choice in the coming months. The show had a great ambiance. The garments with their dark, torn up kind of style exuded a sombre edge and the filthy warehouse in which the show was staged added to this atmosphere. It proved to be a really amazing show. Here is a sample of the top 11 designs (I couldn't cut from 300 photos I took down to 10, no matter how much I tried!), which in my opinion were the most wearable and most notable designs.
My favourite looks included the long sleeved shirts and trenches, which were layered and gathered to perfection and were very well suited to the light fabrics. The cut of the pants were quite Para-military, tapering in all the right places. The suit jacket in the women’s collection was one of my favourites; the cut is awesome. I would wear most of these designs in a flash (with the exception of the orange; I would prefer things in a more neutral colour.)

What do you think if these looks by Trimäpee?











2 comments:

  1. I honestly think some of the pieces from the show was absolutely amazing! and you really captured the best outfits of the night. well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I was pretty amazed by them too. Cheers for that dude :)

    ReplyDelete