Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Exploring the Unknown


I had the delightful luck of running into this fantastic lady by the name of Meredith yesterday. I saw at a distance an old lady, fastening a table top to the roof rack of her car. She was effortlessly tossing rope over the roof over her car and bring it back around, making the rope more taught across the plank of wood. Meredith claimed that she was women of 88 going on 89 in a few months (you would never had guessed it though). Meredith asked me about my blog, what it was called, how she could find it, what my email address was and many other questions that you'd expect from a person of generation Y. Meredith explained to me, that she had always made an attempt to put some effort into the way she dresses. At this moment, she said she had just thrown on some clothes, to go searching through the hard rubbish collection in Camberwell for some gems. I love the way her pants sit at her ankles, the cut of them, the layering of her shirt and jumper underneath her jacket. Not to mention her awesome explorer-esk bowler hat and well wicked shoes! For me, it all just works so well together. Only in Melbourne would you be most likely to come across a lady as fascinating as Meredith.

No comments:

Post a Comment